Meadow Gold Sign Route 66 runs through Tulsa -- Tulsa is very proud to have saved this amazing neon sign from the 1930's... This sign is located on 11th Street in The Pearl District. The following information was extracted from the TFA website. The Meadow Gold sign was a neon sign put up in the 1930s at 11th & Lewis by Meadow Gold Dairy, which is a brand that at one time was owned by Beatrice Foods. This project started back in 2004 when TFA was awarded a grant from the National Park Service Route 66 Corridor to restore the Meadow Gold sign, which was mounted on top of a small one-story building. Soon after the project began, ownership of the building (and sign) changed. The new owner soon made it clear he planned to demolish both the building and the sign. Through the efforts of the National Park Service, National Trust for Historic Preservation, Tulsa Foundation for Architecture, the Oklahoma Route 66 Association, and multiple articles about the endangered sign, funding was sought and awarded from the City of Tulsa’s Vision 2025 initiative to save the historic sign.